MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $104 billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to add an Investment Analyst to our growing Private Equity team. PRIM’s Private Equity program has received national recognition for its strong long-term investment performance and innovation.
In this role, the successful candidate will contribute to a $15.5 billion portfolio of global private equity fund investments (buyout, growth equity, venture capital) and direct co-investments. PRIM promotes a culture that is highly collaborative, and this role offers an opportunity for an early-career investment professional to gain experience to the investment management industry and private equity asset class. The Investment Analyst will work closely with team members on sourcing, due diligence, and monitoring private equity fund investments and direct co-investments.
- Conduct investment due diligence and analysis using both quantitative and qualitative tools
- Participate in research related to PRIM’s portfolio, private markets, emerging investment areas or other special projects to inform or identify investment opportunities and portfolio strategy
- Evaluate and implement investment tools and resources used in connection with investment monitoring and portfolio management
- Monitor existing fund investments and portfolio companies across a wide variety of industries
- Manage investment database and pipeline to track and monitor prospective and existing investments
- Prepare and present investment recommendations for internal and board-level approval
- Interact with existing and prospective investment managers, including domestic and international travel
- Represent PRIM while interacting with investment managers and the investment community
Core Skills and Qualities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent judgment
- Ability to generate both qualitative and quantitative analysis independently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a small team environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and
- Keen attention to details, intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Highly motivated individual, interested in pursuing a career in investment management
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating outstanding academic performance
- 1 to 3 years of post-undergraduate investment or analytical work experience, preferably within investment management, investment banking, accounting or management consulting
- This position will be based in Boston, Massachusetts and we are looking for this individual to join our team in-person early Q1 2022
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and databases
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level I or II, or willingness to pursue or progress towards CFA charter
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets (~$98 billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.