MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $104 billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to hire a Research Intern. The Research Intern will engage in project initiatives regarding Asset Allocation, ESG, Blockchain Investment Applications, and Manager Selection. This position will have exposure to a wide range of investment strategies.
This position could be either part-time or full-time (preferred), and the length of the program is open to further discussion (preferably longer than three months).
- Review and summarize academic literature regarding portfolio construction and facto-based research.
- Clean large data sets for signal processing and model estimation, including validation, normalization, dimension reduction and visualization.
- Assist colleagues with the enhancement of strategic asset allocation framework and ESG research.
- Compile and/or present qualitative and quantitative analyses and insights.
- Maintains an awareness of economic conditions and capital markets to form and justify investment recommendations.
- Analyze the investment strategies of existing fund managers.
Core Skills and Qualities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a small team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated individual
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets (~$104 billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.