Legal and Governance Analyst
MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $90 billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to add a Legal and Governance Analyst to manage PRIM’s public records requests and to support PRIM’s legal and operations teams.
The Legal and Governance Analyst, under the direction of the Chief Legal Officer, will be responsible for managing all facets of PRIM’s public records requests, reports, disclosures, statutory filings, monitoring, and correspondence to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Secretary of State, Attorney General’s Office, Senate and House Clerks, and other government entities. In addition, this role will assist staff with Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and provide general legal and administrative assistance to the Chief Legal Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as PRIM’s Records Access Officer and work collaboratively with senior management, investment teams and operations to respond to public record requests.
- Prepare required filings with the Bureau of Economic Analysis and Federal Reserve Bank.
- Prepare required quarterly legislative filings.
- Work with staff to monitor all RFPs and RFQs to ensure compliance with PRIM processes.
- Update and maintain governance documents, compliance manuals, and other similar materials.
- Perform legal research.
- Assist with administration of proxy voting guidelines.
- Paralegal certification, Bachelor’s degree, and/or four or more years of related work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Massachusetts Public Records Law.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to engage in comprehensive analysis of written materials.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to lead projects independently, demonstrated initiative, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other standard office equipment.
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets ($90 billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification